Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Being balanced is overrated

Hmmmm.. looking through some quotes from the TV show "Ally McBeal". Thought I'd share some quotes that I like:

Who wants to be balanced? Balance is overrated.

I like being a mess. It's who I am.

Even if I did get past all my problems, I'm just gonna get out and get new ones.

What makes my problems so much bigger than everybody else's? Their mine.

The world is no longer a romantic place. Some of its people still are however, and therein lies the promise. Don't let the world win, Ally McBeal.

Maybe I'm happy and I just don't know it.

The real truth is, I probably don't want to be too happy or content. Because, then what? I actually like the quest, the search. That's the fun. The more lost you are, the more you have to look forward to. What do you know? I'm having a great time and I don't even know it.

Here I am, the victim of my own choices. And I'm just starting.

At the end of the day, life is just this big wall of reality that we all crash into.

Everybody's alone. It's just easier to take in a relationship.

Maybe I'll share my life with somebody... maybe not. But the truth is, when I think back of my loneliest moments, there was usually somebody sitting there next to me.

Love. We all want it. Don't all get it. I remember telling my mother in high school I wanted to wait for the perfect girl. And she replied, "Idiot! Even if you found her, she might be holding out for the perfect man."

Today is going to be a...less bad day. I can feel it. Sometimes I wake up and know everything is going to be...less bad.

Sometimes...when you hold out for everything, you walk away with nothing.

If you think back and replay your year, if it doesn't bring you tears either of joy or sadness, consider it wasted.

I really hope he calls today, so I can hang up on him.

Where does it say that women can't act like men sometimes? I saw a cute piece of meat and I said to myself, you only live once. Be a man.

You know I just got this piano, sometimes I sing this song it's called goodnight my someone...and it's about...well, basically it's a love song about someone you never met but you know is out there. And I dunno we make so few promises to ourselves as we grow up and one of them is that on our wedding day we walk down the aisle with someone we love. Somebody who does make your heart bounce, I guess. And there are some promises that I think we have to keep.

Whoever said that plenty of fish in the sea thing was lying.
Sometimes there's only one fish. Trust me.

I think I need to believe that it works - love, couplehood, partnerships. The idea that when people come together they stay together, I have to take that with me to bed, even if I have to go to bed alone.

There are some people who meet that somebody that they can never stop loving, no matter how hard they try. I wouldn't expect you to understand that, or even believe it, but trust me, there are some love that don't go away. And maybe that makes them crazy, but we should all be lucky to end up with that somebody who has a little of that insanity. Somebody who never lets go. Somebody who cherishes you forever.

I can't do anything about it, but I'd be happy to sympathize.

It's not my style to care aobut others, but what's going on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home